NASHVILLE, TN – Oct. 9, 2019 – Hundreds of top women culinary leaders will converge Oct. 24-27 at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel as the Les Dames Nashville chapter will host, for the first time, the prestigious Les Dames d’Escoffier International annual conference.
These culinary masters are members of the respected culinary organization and come from 43 chapters in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Mexico.
Les Dames Nashville, led by conference co-chairs Anne Byrn and Mindy Merrell, have created a program of events showcasing some of Nashville’s top landmarks, restaurants, hotels, farms, and culinary and hospitality leaders through seminars, tours, discussions and culinary events for professional and personal growth opportunities.
Highlights from this year’s Les Dames d’Escoffier Conference will include:
• “Being Authentic While Facing Adversity:” a discussion and reception with chef, author & television personality Carla Hall
• Tours and discussions on topics that changed Nashville’s culinary landscape, including :“The Nashville’s Lunch Counter Sit-Ins that Helped Change Our Nation,” “Immigrants and Diverse Flavors: An Exploration of the Three Grand Divisions of Tennessee,” and “Suffrage: The Woman’s Hour” a discussion on Tennessee’s role in the ratification of the 19th Amendment
• 2019 Grande Dame Award Winner chef, restaurateur and award-winning author Nora Pouillon, a pioneer in the organic, farm-to-table movement
• A “Taste of Nashville” event and tour at the Tennessee State Museum
• “Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained:” a keynote address from Nashville-based restaurateur, chef and television personality Maneet Chauhan.
About Les Dames d’Escoffier
Les Dames d’Escoffier International is a philanthropic organization of women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality. The by-invitation membership, composed of over 2,400 members in 43 chapters in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Mexico, is highly diversified and reflects the multifaceted fields of contemporary gastronomy and hospitality. For more information, visit www.LDEI.org, or visit Facebook at Les Dames d'Escoffier Int'l.
About the Nashville Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier
Les Dames d’Escoffier Nashville is an invitational organization of women leaders in food, beverage and hospitality whose mission is education and philanthropy. Les Dames Nashville is the 30th chapter of LDEI, an international organization of women leaders who create a supportive culture in their communities to achieve excellence in the food, beverage and hospitality professions. Visit www.lesdamesnashville.org for more information about Les Dames Nashville.
# # #