NASHVILLE, TN – Sept. 30, 2019 – Several local businesses and Nashville-based artists will be featured at Spin On: Nashville’s Vinyl Collection, bringing Nashville to New York City in the most authentic way possible and curated by Nashville’s world-renowned record store, Grimey’s. Spin On opens Tuesday, Oct. 1 at SHOWFIELDS, a retail concept that hosts a revolving array of art, food, drink and community programming bridging art and retail in the heart of NOHO.
The pop-up store will offer a curated selection of vinyl records by artists who live in Nashville or albums that were recorded here. Spin On will be open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sundays and noon to 8 p.m. Mondays Oct. 1-Jan. 15, 2019.
New York City is a key market for Nashville, the city’s third largest travel market. The Spin On store will help Nashville’s marketing and public relations efforts in New York City.
In addition to Grimey’s, several other local companies are involved in Spin On:
• I Believe in Nashville: Designed a custom “I Believe in Vinyl” mural for the shop. Merchandise will include “I Believe in Vinyl” posters and journals that have covers made from recycled vinyl records.
• Hatch Show Print: Created a custom Spin On poster.
• Third Man Records: Will provide turntable listening stations in the store.
• Gibson Brands: Will provide guitars to be displayed on the store’s stage.
• Tucker & Bloom: Nashville maker of vinyl record bags, which will be available for sale.
• Michael Weintrob Photography: “Instrumenthead” book will be available for purchase.
• Disco Cowgirl: Offering t-shirt, trucker hat, hoodie and bomber jacket for purchase.
• Grand Ole Opry: The Opry’s 94th birthday will be celebrated Oct. 5 with giveaways; and during the week of Oct. 7 there will be a celebration for Dolly Week, marking Dolly Parton’s 50th anniversary as an Opry member.
• Tennessee Brew Works: Will donate their Nashville craft beers to be served during performances at Spin On.
Nashville singer-songwriter John Hiatt, who wrote the heavily covered “Have a Little Faith in Me,” will perform at the store on Oct. 10 for a special event. Hiatt will be the first of many Nashville-connected artists who will host intimate performances, signings and more. Notable guests who will be touring in the New York City area and will make appearances at Spin On include Ben Folds, Rayland Baxter, Andrew Combs, Jessy Wilson, Sugar + The Hi-Lows and more.
For more information, visit www.visitmusiccity.com/showfields.
Grimey’s is Nashville’s independent record store since 1999, specializing in new and preowned vinyl, CDs, cassettes, DVDs, books, magazines, turntables and other artifacts. The iconic Nashville shop regularly hosts live performances, record release parties, book signings and interviews.
About The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
The mission of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp is to maximize the economic contribution of the convention and tourism industry to the community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier destination. Visit the NCVC’s website at www.visitmusiccity.com.
# # #