GATLINBURG, TN – May 3, 2019 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice 2019 named Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies the No. 1 Aquarium in North America.
One of the reasons for Ripley’s high visitor return is for the new exhibits and changeable shows.
Savage Seas is an all-new exhibit at Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, but life on the savage seas isn’t for everyone. Find out what it takes to survive on the open waters.
It’s a Pirate’s Life for Me!
• Learn about daily Pirate life - what they nibbled on after a good plunder, their weapons of choice, and what they did when they weren’t causing trouble.
• What did Pirates do for fun? Play a quiz game to find out what kind of Pirate you are.
• Turn yourself into a pirate or parrot, but beware the kraken.
Pillage and Plunder
• Dispel common myths.
• Learn what pirate job suits you.
• Dig through sand to uncover buried treasure.
Sea Monsters Past and Present
• Use a 16th-century map to determine where the sea creatures live. You’ll need to avoid them at all costs.
• Quiz yourself on your sea monster knowledge. Can you correctly identify the most infamous?
• Take your picture with our resident sea monster.
Discovery and Ruin
• Hop aboard the S.S. Nose Dive and examine Pacific Ocean life.
• Climb beneath an ancient shipwreck and explore the treasures she hides.
• Experience how divers work to uncover buried vessels using special diving gloves.
• Take part in a discovery mission to expose rare artifacts in a giant fish tank.
Mysteries and Tall Tales
• Learn about mysterious ships and shipwrecks.
• Grab a friend and use your sharp mind and steady hands to navigate the Map Maze.
• Repair Billy the Skeleton as fast as you can before he disintegrates.
• Test your knowledge on ghost ships and stories.
A force of destiny, destruction, and discovery, the sea has the power to control the fate of those who brave her waters.
• Brave hurricane-force winds in a mighty storm simulation.
• Learn about a small little worm with a big, destructive past.
About Ripley Entertainment
Ripley Aquariums is part of the Ripley Entertainment Inc. (www.ripleys.com) family of worldwide attractions, the global leader in location-based entertainment. More than 14 million people visit its 100-plus attractions in 10 countries each year. In addition to its 30 Believe It or Not! Odditoriums, the Orlando, Florida-based company has publishing, licensing and broadcast divisions that oversee projects including the syndicated Believe It or Not! television show, best-selling books and the popular syndicated cartoon strip, Ripley’s Believe It or Not!, that still runs daily in countries around the world. Ripley Entertainment is a Jim Pattison Company, the second-largest privately held company in Canada.
# # #
Ripley Attractions – Gatlinburg
Public Relations Manager