MEMPHIS, TN – Oct. 8, 2019 – Two brand new exhibits - Journey to Space and Expedition: Dinosaur – will be unveiled at Elvis Presley’s Graceland’s Graceland Exhibition Center.
“Journey to Space,” open Oct. 11-Jan. 5, 2020, invites guests on a cosmic adventure as they experience life as an astronaut traveling to, living in and working in outer space. Developed by the Science Museum of Minnesota in partnership with the California Science Center and the partner museums of the Science Museum Exhibit Collaborative, this 10,000-square-foot exhibit gives visitors a glimpse of the systems, tools and technologies developed for human space travel, including the challenges and rewards on board the International Space Station. The exhibit also features over 24 hands-on, interactive displays and artifacts from the past 50 years of space explorations, as well as innovations designed to help astronauts make more frequent and longer trips into orbit.
Highlights of the Journey to Space exhibit include:
• Full scale, walk-through rotating labs modeled after an International Space Station laboratory.
• Hands-on activities such as "drop towers," which show how objects behave differently in weightless environments, and water rockets, which explore the physics of a rocket launch.
• Rare artifacts from past space launches such as Neil Armstrong’s gloves, metal shields from space crafts, astronaut helmets and more.
• Video interviews with current and retired astronauts about their life in space.
“Expedition: Dinosaur” will open Oct. 25 and run through Jan. 11, 2020. This exhibit is 165 million years in the making, and combines life-size, lifelike animatronic dinosaurs with realistic movements and sound with educational, interactive experiences. The exhibit celebrates and explores the world of dinosaurs and the hunt for their fossils in the early 20th century. Visitors can step into the shoes of paleontologists and archeologists through interactive cabinets filled with excavation artifacts and fossils, including the chance to tests their skills extracting dinosaur bones from the earth.
Highlights of the Expedition: Dinosaur exhibit include:
• Full-motion robotic dinosaurs with realistic movements and sound effects, including a climbable T-Rex head.
• Interactive robotic dinosaur egg incubator.
• Interactive archeological dig-site, including simulated dinosaur fossils and digging tools.
• Hands-on activities and puzzles that allow guests to discover how dinosaurs lived various environments and prehistoric periods, mix and match dinosaur species, recreate Pangea and more.
Tickets are available now and can be purchased online, the Graceland Ticketing Plaza or by calling 800-238-2000. Educators Guides are available for both exhibits, and group rates are available for field trips or corporate outings.
For more information, visit www.Graceland.com.
About Graceland and Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc.
Elvis Presley’s Graceland, in Memphis, is music’s most important and beloved landmark, with hundreds of thousands of fans from around the world visiting the historic home each year. Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. (EPE) manages the operations of Graceland and its related properties, including Elvis Presley's Memphis, Graceland's new entertainment and exhibition complex over 200,000 square feet in size; the AAA Four Diamond Guest House at Graceland 450-room resort hotel; and the Graceland Archives, featuring thousands of artifacts from Elvis’ home and career. EPE also produces and licenses Elvis-themed live events, tours, and attractions worldwide. Graceland Holdings LLC, led by managing partner Joel Weinshanker, is the majority owner of EPE. Graceland is the only attraction worldwide to ever receive six USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards: in 2019 it was voted “Best Tennessee Attraction and Iconic Landmark, in 2018, it was voted “Best Tennessee Attraction” and “Best Holiday Historic Home Tour,” in 2015 voted the world’s “Best Musical Attraction” and “Best Historic Southern Attraction,” and in 2013 voted the #1 “Iconic American Attraction.” In 2018 TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards named Graceland one of the top 25 landmarks in the world and Rolling Stone named it one of 10 Great American Music Landmarks.
For more information on EPE and Graceland, visit www.graceland.com.
# # #