MURFREESBORO, Tenn. – Usher in the holiday season with an enchanting tour of historic homes and landmarks 4-8 p.m. Dec. 2 in Murfreesboro. The tour will feature beautiful and historic buildings including the Oaklands Mansion.
In addition to tours of downtown sites, Oaklands Mansion will host its first Holiday Marketplace in Maney Hall. A selection of local artisans and craftspeople from around Murfreesboro will feature their wares for holiday shoppers. Admission to the marketplace is included with tickets to the Candlelight Tour of Homes. In addition to the marketplace, see a live nativity displayed by Southeast Baptist Church's Bethlehem Marketplace. Be sure to stop by The Beet Poet food truck for a hot beverage and warm treat.
Stops along the holiday tour include:
• Oaklands Mansion, Cottage & Holiday Marketplace, 900 North Maney Avenue
• Mr. & Mrs. Bobby Turman- Hippie Haven, 420 East Burton Street
• Mr. & Mrs. Justin Holder, 820 East Burton Street
• Ms. Barbara Sutton, 821 East Burton Street
• Mr. & Mrs. Barry Clark, 716 East Burton Street
• Mrs. Melinda Haines, 119 Cherry Lane
• Mr. & Mrs. Roger Hopkins, 702 East Main Street
• Dr. Greg Nicholson, 746 East Main Street
• First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 907 East Main Street
Purchase advance tickets at $15 at www.OaklandsMansion.org or in the museum shop by 4 p.m. Nov. 30. Admission is $20 per adult at the door, $10 students and children, free for ages 6 and under. On the night of the tour, tickets can be purchased at any home on the tour or at Oaklands’ Museum Shop.
# # #