PELHAM, TN – Nov. 19, 2019 – Bluegrass Underground announced the artists for the PBS TV taping in the Caverns of its milestone Season X March 27-29, 2020 on PBS.
Three-day & single-day tickets go on sale 11 a.m. CT Friday, Nov. 22 at www.TheCaverns.com.
This special 10th anniversary taping features legends like Asleep At The Wheel and Blind Boys of Alabama, Goose, Black Pumas, Cam, Yola, Courtney Marie Andrews and Sam Lewis, Mandolin Orange and Milk Carton Kids as well as Molly Tuttle and a surprise act to be announced in the coming weeks.
Season X of Bluegrass Underground will premiere in Fall 2020 on PBS stations nationwide.
Bluegrass Underground event features a clean-and-comfortable, fan-friendly environment, complete with high-quality, concessions and beverage offerings, including craft beers.
Stay-and-Cave hotel packages are a perfect getaway weekend. Packages include the best seats to all tapings, lodging accommodations for two, transportation to and from the venue, food and commemorative merchandise. Package go on sale 11 a.m. Nov. 22 as well.
Here’s the lineup for Bluegrass Underground Season X PBS TV Taping in The Caverns:
FRIDAY, MARCH 27
• Molly Tuttle - An artist on the leading edge of bluegrass music, steeped in tradition while driving the genre forward in today’s musical landscape.
• Goose - This New England band’s mix of rock, funk, tropical grooves and extended jams will turn The Caverns into a subterranean dance party.
• Cam - From a GRAMMY nomination to headlining the Ryman Auditorium, this multi-platinum country singer-songwriter is a force to be reckoned with.
• Asleep At The Wheel - Ray Benson has now been leading a Western Swing band longer than Bob Wills, and he brings his iconic group to The Caverns for their 50th Anniversary Tour. Historic.
SATURDAY, MARCH 28
• Sam Lewis - Best-known for touring and collaborating with Chris Stapleton (who helped inaugurate Bluegrass Underground in 2008), this singer-songwriter is one of the defining talents of modern Americana.
• Courtney Marie Andrews - Powerful vocals, passionate songs from one of today’s finest singer-songwriters.
• The Milk Carton Kids - One of Americana’s best live acts, the duo of singer/guitarists Kenneth Pattengale and Joey Ryan combine close harmonies, original songs and humor.
• TBA Surprise Guest
SUNDAY, MARCH 29
• Blind Boys of Alabama - A rousing Sunday in The Caverns with the five-time GRAMMY Award-winning gospel group that helped create the genre.
• Black Pumas - Austin, Texas is known for its dynamic live music scene. Black Pumas are the city’s leading soul/funk band. Enough said.
• Yola - Demolishing genre with her evocative voice and debut record Walk Through Fire, Yola establishes herself as the Queen of Country Soul from the very first note.
• Mandolin Orange - Intimate and emotional, the music of multi-instrumental duo Emily Frantz and songwriter Andrew Marlin draws you into their world with a sound that floats like a butterfly, but speaks to the heart.
Bluegrass Underground is underwritten on PBS by Tennessee Tourism and by Grundy County, TN. The 12 episode series is presented to PBS nationally in partnership with WCTE in Cookeville, TN, which serves the Upper Cumberland and Middle Tennessee.
# # #
About The Caverns, Home of Bluegrass Underground
In Grundy County, Tennessee, in a timeless valley near the base of the Cumberland Plateau, you’ll find The Caverns—a jaw-dropping concert hall located deep underground. Guests revel in the prehistoric venue’s natural acoustics and otherworldly beauty. What’s more, The Caverns is home to the Emmy-winning, PBS television series Bluegrass Underground. With a concert calendar that spans all genres of musical expression, The Caverns draws music fans from all over the world. Live music inside a cave, it’s a bucket list experience that keeps fans coming back to The Caverns time and again for “The Greatest Show Under Earth.” www.thecaverns.com
# # #