NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Back by popular demand, the international Irish dance phenomenon, Riverdance returns to Nashville on its 20th Anniversary World Tour April 21-23 at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center’s Andrew Jackson Hall.
Tickets for Riverdance – The 20th Anniversary World Tour are on sale now.
Seen live by 25 million people in 11,500 performances in 47 countries, Riverdance is an innovative and exciting blend of dance, music, and song. Drawing on Irish traditions, the combined talents of the performers propel Irish dancing and music into the present day, capturing the imagination of audiences across all ages and cultures. Celebrating an extraordinary milestone for an incredible show, The 20th Anniversary World Tour includes more than 45 cities throughout the United States.
Riverdance – The 20th Anniversary World Tour is composed by Bill Whelan, produced by Moya Doherty and directed by John McColgan. The tour features new costumes, new lighting, new projections, and the addition of a brand-new number, “Anna Livia,” featuring the female members of the Irish dance troupe in an acapella hard-shoe routine.
Riverdance – The 20th Anniversary World Tour has set design by Robert Ballagh, lighting design by John Comiskey, costume design by Joan Bergin and sound design by Michael O’Gorman.
20 Years of Riverdance by the Numbers
• 11,500 performances
• 47 countries across six continents
• 750,000 miles travelled (or 30 times around the world!)
• Seen live by 25 million people in more than 515 venues
• Performed for a global television audience of 300 billion people
• Sold more than three million copies of its Grammy Award-winning album
• Sold 10 million videos and DVDs
• Holds the Guinness World Record for Longest Riverdance Line of 1,693 participants
• Since the Riverdance Summer School began in 2015, more than 500 Irish dancers from 15 countries have attended and learned the iconic steps
For more information about Riverdance – The 20th Anniversary World Tour, visit www.Riverdance.com, or follow online at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
# # #