LENOIR CITY, Tenn. – Loudon County, Tennessee, will be one of many prime locations for viewing the total solar eclipse, hosting a viewing average of 2 ½ minutes Aug. 21.
There are many events being planned across the county and the following are those that have been shared with the tourism office:
• Grab your lawn chairs and head to the bridge on U.S. Highway 11 in downtown Loudon, which overlooks the scenic Tennessee River. The sidewalk across the bridge will serve as the viewing area from 1-3 p.m. and the bridge will remain open to traffic during the time. Viewing glasses will be available at the event.
• Lenoir City Parks & Recreation and the Lenoir City Downtown Merchants Association will host a viewing 1-3 p.m. at the Lenoir City Museum. Officials will greet guests with a Moon Pie, RC Cola, and viewing glasses. Fireworks immediately following the total eclipse.
• Sweetwater Valley Farm is hosting “Cheese. Cows. Eclipse?” VIP tickets have already sold out, but ticket options are still available that include t-shirts and viewing glasses. Parking is free and the public is welcome to bring your own lawn chair and enjoy lunch from local food trucks. www.sweetwatervalleyfarm.com
• Tennessee Valley Winery is hosting Sip & Stay for the GRAPE Solar Eclipse. Tent and RV camping are available on-site the night before. Countdown begins at 1 p.m. and admission is $5. It includes a commemorative glass with Solar Sangria and viewing glasses. www.tennesseevalleywinery.com
• Join the Philadelphia Quarry for their Solar Eclipse Party. Free admission is given all day. Potluck is at 1 p.m. Visit their Facebook page for more information.
There are only a few hotel rooms left available in Loudon County.
Visit Loudon County has purchased a limited number of special viewing glasses that will be given away at several of the above mentioned events. Individuals may pick up glasses prior to the event at the Visitors Center in Lenoir City or the Loudon County Chamber of Commerce in Loudon.
Visit Loudon County will give away an #eclipseLoCo basket. Stay tuned to their Facebook page for more information.
For additional questions, contact Visit Loudon County at 865-986-6822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #